Celebrate Life! Artists Collaborating for Kids with Cancer
The idea is to bring together a diverse group of artists who will join forces for an event in May 2018 to support kids with cancer. Individually, we accept the challenge of creating a personally authentic work of art inspired by the drawing of a child with cancer. Collectively, our aim is to help the C4Life: Celebration for Life organization raise money for Camp Can Do and its campers. We also plan to have fun, build community, and grow as artists while doing it.
We aim to CONNECT campers with artists who honor the courage of these kids and celebrate life with them through art.
- Artists select a child's drawing and create a work of art that draws inspiration in any way from the original piece.
- Whether that inspiration is a color, a shape, a concept or motif, whether it triggers a memory or personal experience, the artist creates work that either aligns with his or her current journey as an artist, or encourages experimentation and the breaking of new ground.
- Importantly, the finished work will also align with the theme "Celebrate Life." This theme is designed to be broad but unifying, and it truly reflects the infectious positive outlook of these young people.
- Once all of the drawings have been connected with an artist, we can begin accepting multiple artists per drawing.
- All media are welcome, although there are some size and weight limitations.
- Finished work does not need to mirror or even resemble the original drawing. There are no rules. The idea is to start with the drawing, travel inward, and see what evolves.
- For the auction, artists set the minimum bid for their work and receive half of the minimum bid (if met) to cover material costs.
If you love this idea and would like to help in any way, or if you have questions, ideas, or suggestions, simply email Stacy Caldwell at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
A series of EVENTS will be held during Lancaster PA's Spring Art Walk (May 4-6, 2018) at Millersville University's Ware Center, 42 North Prince Street, Lancaster, PA
Friday, May 4, 2018
During Lancaster's First Friday, the artwork will be on display in the Binn's Room at the Ware Center, 42 North Prince Street, Lancaster, PA, from 5 - 8 PM!
Saturday, May 5, 2018
A private VIP CELEBRATION (Click Here to Register) in the main lobby of the Ware Center from 7 - 10 PM will include a live auction of the artwork, live music, and hors d'oeuvres! Thank you to Millersville University for sponsoring the event by providing the space! Thank you to Good Spirits Bartending being a sponsor by providing the drinks! Live music will be provided by Joel Alan Taylor of San Francisco's Taylor and the Pretty Noises, and Lancaster's own Monica DeVitry!
Sunday, May 6, 2018
The COMMUNITY will be invited to visit displays during the SPRING ART WALK and participate in a collaborative public art project! Also, information about the kids, the camp, and ways to get involved will be available for visitors.
The GOAL is to raise enough money to send at least one kid to camp! The Celebrate Life Artists' Alliance will also generate community awareness about childhood cancer and the amazing work of Camp Can Do and the Celebration for Life organization.